While watching the NFC championship game, the camera showed a decibel meter recording noise on the field at 102dB. Curiosity had me, so I found a chart that gave various decibel levels.
- Normal conversation (3-5′), 60-70dB
- Telephone dial tone, 80dB
- Train whistle at 500′, Truck Traffic, 90dB
- Level at which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss, 90 – 95dB
- Power mower at 3′, 107dB
- Sandblasting, Loud Rock Concert, 115dB
- Pain begins, 125dB
Maybe they ought to hand out earplugs at the game.