I’ve got some additional information to provide. I gave some general information here, so let me repeat some info and fill in a little bit more.
- The parade begins at 7pm. The line-up is at 6pm.
- Award ceremony begins at 8:30pm at the band stage
- Live performance by “Route 1” following the parade in Janosik Park
July 4th schedule:
- Relay for Life 5K Run/Walk, registration from 8:00-8:30am at Laurel High School parking lot, youth run following
- Prayer Breakfast at Janosik Park, 8:00am, tickets had to be purchased in advance
- Car Show at the Game Zone parking lot, 9am-3pm
- 8-9:30am, Bruce WIlley & The Gospel Cafe at the main stage
- 9:30-11:00, “Side By Side” at the kids tent
- 10-11:00, Vance Phillips’ Annual Watermellon Seed Spitting Contest at the large stage
- 11-1:30, “Lollipop The Clown” at the kids tent
- 11:15-1:00, Talent Show at the large stage
- 1-2:00, Hot Dog Eating Contest at the smaller stage
- 2-4:00, “Funsters” at the large stage
- 2:15-4:00, “Side By Side” at the kids tent
- 4-4:30, Best Pie Contest at the smaller stage
- 4:30-5:00, Best Cake Contest at the smaller stage
- 5-5:30, Pie Eating Contest at the smaller stage
- 6-8:00, “Honey Combs” at the main stage
- Fireworks will be at dusk. Cat Country Radio 97.5FM & 105.9FM will be playing patriotic music during the fireworks show
I hope everyone will come to Laurel on Independence Day and enjoy the fun!